If You wonder why does my ps4 keep disconnecting from wifi? No Brainer, stick with us, we will point out the root of this “PS4 keep disconnecting from the internet ” issue.
Finding a solution could be challenging when your ps4 controller keeps disconnecting while playing. The majority of the people had reported this problem and to be true it is kind of frustrating dealing with it!
The simple answer is:
There are several issues we can’t be sure about but, luckily there are some simple things that you can do to fix this problem on your own. Put down roots, keep reading & perform the suggestions down listed below.
In this blog, we are conveying to you the best possible ways on how to reconnect ps4 to wifi and indeed the simple repairs that you can do to troubleshoot the connection issues.
To a great extent that will help you understand, Why does my ps4 keep disconnecting from the wifi & the easy fixes for internet connection issues.
Without wasting time let’s get started!
Why ps4 keep disconnecting from the wifi? The fact is there are many reasons why your PlayStation 4 keeps disconnecting from wifi and controller.
In most cases, the problem is usually because of software issues & recently installed firmware that requires an update.
In rare cases, your ps4 wifi might be disconnecting because of signal interference caused by other wireless devices such as microwaves, cordless phones, and other Bluetooth devices. Problems with Hardware in the PlayStation or in the router. Even more, the router placement can also cause your ps controller to keep disconnecting while playing.
How To Fix PS4 Wi-Fi Connection Problem?
PS getting again and again disconnected with the wifi connection is hard to deal with, in such a case the first thing is you have to make sure your both the devices that means your ps and router must be using the same encryption type to connect.
Besides that, one of the most common causes of losing connection is the frequency band issue.
If that's not the case in your ps4 disconnecting randomly, try each one after the other to see which one works for you.
1. Test The Internet Speed
One of the most common reasons why a PS4 may be struggling to maintain its wifi connection is because of slow internet speed. A single home internet connection when used by multiple users at a time distributes the internet speed. Indeed, most likely the ps4 wifi connectivity might gonna disconnect.
How To Test Internet Connection
- Go to the PS4 SETTING
- Select Network Settings
- Test Internet Connection (Minimum decent speed 25mbps)
Consider checking the internet connection is normal & make sure the internet speed is not slow in your area. If that’s the issue, the service provider might be having the problem.
2. Set Up Strong WiFi Connectivity
If you have a router with a maximum range & strong connectivity but still lack a decent internet connection then that’s a problem in your setup. Signal interference could be an issue for you! Follow the below-suggested techniques to strengthen your Wi-Fi connectivity with the PS4 console.
Re-arrange Your Setup
- Keep Wifi router closer to PS4
- Place signal interfering wireless devices like microwaves & phones away
Most often placing the router close to the ps4 setup works. If this doesn’t solve the issue try implementing the next one.
3. Restart Your Console and Router
Some of the connectivity fixations could be complicated but in general, sometimes that could be easily done with a hardware reboot.
- For router: simply unplug and replug the power source holding a couple of seconds. Then reboot the router and try connecting it with your ps4 console.
For PS4: do the same, by long-pressing the power button. Simply unplug the power cable, wait for seconds and then reboot.
Most often this can often solve the issue. As earlier mentioned, you can also do a manual test of the internet strength going through the setting’s ‘test internet connection’ option. If your PS4 is still disconnecting with the wifi network, try the next technique.
4. Delete and Re-Install The Game & Applications
Sounds weird but yes sometimes crashed or faulty installed games & applications could make connection issues. What you have to do is delete all the applications and reinstall them. This might solve the connection problem with online games.
Perform the following steps:
- Go to SETTINGS
- Search STORAGE and click on it
- Go to APPLICATIONS
- And then highlight the game that troubled you
- Then delete selecting the options
- Reinstall it and check the problem continues or not
5. Correct PS4 DNS Settings
Changing the Domain Name System (DNS) may help you to fix the wifi cut-off issue from ps4. Luckily, fixing the DNS setting has demonstrated providing better internet speed.
Follow the steps to fix ps4 DNS:
- Open ps4 settings and search setup internet connection
- Select WIFI & open with selecting Automatic IP settings
- Keep in mind to not tap on DHCP hostname
- Search for DNS settings & open MANUAL
- Enter (188.8.131.52) to fix primarily, & for secondary, you need to input (184.108.40.206) respectively
- Go to the MTU settings & select AUTOMATIC
- Select “Do not use for a proxy server” to complete the process.
6. Use Static IP Address For PS4
Setting up a static IP address on your Playstation 4 helps to improve you connection quality. There are advantages of setting up a static IP address on your ps4, you can get a more reliable connection with less lapses possible &, quicker download speeds.
And also if you have multiple devices on your home, network having a static IP address may allow you to have a more reliable connection quality.
Follow the steps to set up a static IP Address:
- Enter Settings, open the Network & search View Connection Status
- Take note of 3 (address, default gateway & subnet mask)
- Return & Open Internet Connection & click on USE WIFI
- Click Custom & then Manual
- Fill first 3 digits of your IP Address & enter a number between 2 and 255 for the last digit
- Type default gateway and subnet mask kept earlier
- Go to Mtu settings & click Automatic
- Click “do not use” inside from the Proxy server.
7. Reset Your PS4 Console [Factory Settings]
Well finding issues still? Reset your PS4 to factory settings to refresh your PlayStation like new again, technically it helps to fix the connectivity issue.
Follow the steps given below:
- Turn off your ps4 console
- Plug out the power cable>wait for a few minutes
- Connect power cable in your ps4 console
- Hold the power button>wait for two beeps holding it
- Use a USB cable to connect DualShock 4 controller to your ps4
- In the final step, select ‘initialize PS4’ by pressing the X button.
8. Selecting a frequency band manually
Older PS4 supports only a 2.5GHz frequency band whereas the PS4 PRO works with both 2.5GHz and 5.0GHz frequencies. However, the 2.5GHz and 5GHz frequencies change automatically to give a stronger connection. Consequently this way, the ps4 console switches the frequency bands occasionally to give faster frequency that results in wifi disconnection issues. Henceforth, choosing the one frequency band avoids the disconnection issue without making automatic band switches.
How to choose frequency band manually:
- Open Settings > Select Network > Set Up Internet Connection > Search Use WIFI
- Click on Options Menu
- Choose Frequency Bands Manually as you desire.
If Nothing Works Out Connect Ethernet Cable
What if all of the above listed don't fix the connectivity issue! Use Ethernet cable and get ready to deal with wire.
As compared with the wifi connection, ethernet cable connections give a stable network with a faster speed and a reliable connection.
How To Connect Ethernet Cable To ps4:
- Search for ethernet ports on the router and ps4
- Connect both the device with cable plugging into ports
- Switch on PS4 and the router
- Open PS4 Settings Menu
- Network > Set Up Internet Connection
- The final step, CLICK ON "Use LAN Cable"
We hope this blog post has been helpful to you to fix the issue and we expect now you are aware of the queries like “Why does my PlayStation 4 keeps disconnecting from wifi?”
Indeed, we conveyed to you the best ways to fix ps4 keeps disconnecting from wifi.
Note: Most of the solutions suggested are temporary, for the permanent solution you might need to contact the ISP prefessionals.
We are expecting that you are joining back online again enjoying full online functionality and seamless connectivity.